As a Member of the Southern Moreton Bay Islands Chamber of Commerce Inc. (SMBI Chamber), I/we recognise that membership is a privilege and that a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that all members understand and commit to the following code of conduct.
The code of conduct shall, without limitation, require members and all participants of Chamber-sponsored programs to:
- Understand, support and promote the Vision and Mission of the SMBI Chamber and cooperate with fellow members in the application of this Code of Conduct.
- Abide by the SMBI Chamber Constitution for any applicable programs of the Chamber. They serve as the governing documents for all programs.
- Observe the highest standards of ethics in rendering services and/or offering products for sale, based on the members’ own knowledge and expertise.
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner to reflect honorably upon the business community and fellow Chamber members.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the SMBI Chamber, and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber, and promote the enhancement of business growth within the Southern Moreton Bay Islands.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Refrain from engaging in any practices prohibited by law or seeking unfair advantage over fellow members and conform to all laws established by Municipal, State and Federal governments for the control of said business, where applicable.
- Present a true presentation in all advertising. Goods and services shall be advertised in accordance with all Municipal, State and Federal legislation.
- Respect the roles of the Chamber Executive, Committee Members and volunteers.
The failure to adhere to the professional and personal obligations of the SMBI Chamber, as outlined above, and defined in the Chamber Constitution, can result in the termination of membership.